$15,000 Teen Drive 365 Challenge Steers Students in Right Direction
Toyota's Teen Drive 365 invites high school students of Hillsborough Schools to create a 30-60 second video public service announcement (PSA) for other fellow teen drivers that highlights the importance of Safe Teen Driving and possibly win $15,000, or one of 14 other prizes!
Enter by February 28, 2018, for a chance to win $15,000!
Learning to drive is one of the coolest times for a teen. But facts have shown it can also be extremely dangerous. The first year after a teen gets their license will be one of the most dangerous years of their life (Source: National Safety Council). Actions such as talking on the phone or just talking to your friends in the car, not wearing a seatbelt, driving at night, texting, eating, adjusting the radio, and just plain inexperience all result in car crashes being the leading cause of teenage death in the United States.
Florida Department of Transportation (District Seven) shares the statistics:
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens (15 to 18 years old) in the United States – ahead of all other types of injury: disease or violence
- Statewide there were 27 fatalities, 3,5444 driver injuries and 16,124 drivers in crashes for teens ages 15-17 years of age.
Ginger Regaldo, Florida Department of Transportation community traffic safety program manager believes, "Students are the greatest asset for our future, therefore ensuring that they are properly educated about safety while driving is essential for everyone. Our high school students have the power to inspire, maybe more so than a teacher or a parent can, because our students know what powerful messages would resonate with our young adults."
TeenDrive365 Video Challenge empowers our teens to put that vision on camera and save teen lives. Contest deadline is February 28, 2018.
Check Out The Prizes
- 1st Place:$15,000 & the chance to work with a Discovery film crew to reshoot your video into a TV-ready PSA!
- 2nd Place:$10,000
- 3rd Place:$7,500
- People's Choice:$5,000 & a behind-the-scenes trip a Velocity show taping
- 4th Place - 10th Place:$2,500
- (4) Four Regional Winners:$1,000
Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen years of age and are students enrolled in 9th through 12th grade at a public, private, parochial, or home school located in the U.S., at the time of entry and when prizes are awarded.
All entries will first be screened to ensure they meet the entry criteria outlined in the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge Checklist.
A panel of judges will then score your video based on creativity, content, and presentation. The top 10 finalists will be added to an online poll for the public to determine the People’s Choice Award. Regional winners will be the highest scoring videos (excluding the 10 finalists) from each of the 4 US
regions. See contest rules for more details. bAll winners will be announced in Spring 2018. Click here for more information about the TeenDrive 365 Video Challenge.
Learn more about Drivers Education at Hillsborough County Public Schools.
View Full Album
- Professional Florida Wrestlers BodySlam Bullying at Hillsborough County Schools
- Students in Jefferson High School's Maritime and Marine Environmental Leadership Academy chart their path to life after high school
- Board Members in the Community: January 17
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teachers Chelsea Farrior and Temeka Lewis
- Student Athletes Honored at Fall Sports Awards