School Board Members Invite Lawmakers to Discuss Security on Campus
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 14, 2019) – Hillsborough County School Board Members continue their discussions with state lawmakers regarding security and mental health funding ahead of this year’s legislative session.
School Board Member Cindy Stuart will visit King High School on Friday, February 15, at 8:45 a.m. with State Representative Adam Hattersley (District 59). King High School is located at 6815 N. 56th St., Tampa.
School Board Members are providing lawmakers insight into the safety improvements our district has already made and the continuous needs of our schools.
Hillsborough County School Board Members recently approved their legislative priorities and are focusing their meetings with lawmakers on safety and security this week, since it is the anniversary of the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.
Please note: There will be a short opportunity for media to walk with the board member, state representative and the principal to discuss security upgrades. Members of the media, please contact Tanya Arja if you plan to go to King High School.
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher Kelly McWilliams
- Hillsborough Students Are Ready to Take on the World But First….Graduation
- Freedom HS Color Guard Earns 4th Place at World Championships!
- Board Members in the Community: May 17-25
- Referendum Project to Begin with Sledgehammer Ceremony: New Date and Time