The new Hillsborough County School Board sworn in
Hillsborough County Public Schools assembled its new School Board for the first time Tuesday morning.
Returning member Melissa Snively was sworn in to office, along with three new School Board members. Each member took the oath of office, while surrounded by their families.
Steve Cona III was elected to serve District 1. Mr. Cona is president of the Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast Chapter. He will serve two years to finish out the term of Susan Valdez, who was elected to serve in the State House of Representatives.
Dr. Stacy Hahn was elected to serve District 2. Dr. Hahn is a lifelong educator and proponent for all children in Hillsborough County. She will serve a four year term.
Karen Perez was elected to represent District 6. Ms. Perez is a social worker at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital. She will serve a four year term.
Also at Tuesday’s School Board meeting, the board voted Tamara Shamburger as the new Chair and Melissa Snively as the new Vice Chair.
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Community Volunteer Fred Hearns
- Armwood High School Hour of Code
- Bonnie Bresnyan - Excellence in Education for 32 years!
- Board Members in the Community: December 11-13
- Construction begins for new High School “TTT” which aims to relieve overcrowding in South Hillsborough County