The Center for Gifted Studies is a program for first through fifth grade students located within Boyette Springs Elementary School. The Center is designed for identified gifted students who seek a full-time gifted program offering advanced level learning experiences and opportunities for talent development.
The Center for Gifted Studies offers a high quality and distinctive program specifically for students who meet Florida’s Gifted eligibility requirement. The Center utilizes the research-supported Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM) approach whose goals are developing talents, providing a broad range of enrichment experiences, and providing advanced learning for children based upon interests. The approach emphasizes engagement and the use of enjoyable and challenging learning experiences and results in the development of motivation, creativity, advanced thinking skills and collaboration.
A student must meet one of the criteria listed below for this application to be processed.
- My child is currently enrolled in a Hillsborough County Public School (HCPS) and is classified as Gifted in Florida and has a current Florida Gifted Educational Plan (EP) or a current Florida Individual Education Plan (IEP) that includes Gifted Services.
- My child is currently in a private school, home schooled, or resides out of county and is classified as Gifted in Florida and has a current Florida Gifted Educational Plan (EP) or a current Florida Individual Education Plan (IEP) that includes Gifted Services.
- A copy of the EP must be submitted to complete this application.
- My child has a qualifying score on an individually administered standardized test of intelligence (IQ test).
- A copy of the formal evaluation report from the licensed psychologist must be submitted along with the application.
- My child is transferring from another state and is classified as Gifted in their home state AND has an Educational Plan (EP) / Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) Or Official Documents/Records that give evidence that student received Gifted services from the previous state/district. A copy of the Official Documents/Records must be submitted to complete the application.