The Center for Gifted Studies is a program for first through fifth grade students located within Boyette Springs Elementary School. The Center is designed for identified gifted students who seek a full-time gifted program offering advanced level learning experiences and opportunities for talent development.
The Center for Gifted Studies offers a high quality and distinctive program specifically for students who meet Florida’s Gifted eligibility requirement. The Center utilizes the research-supported Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM) approach whose goals are developing talents, providing a broad range of enrichment experiences, and providing advanced learning for children based upon interests. The approach emphasizes engagement and the use of enjoyable and challenging learning experiences and results in the development of motivation, creativity, advanced thinking skills and collaboration.
A student must meet one of the criteria listed below for this application to be processed.
- My child is currently enrolled in a Hillsborough County Public School (HCPS) and is classified as Gifted in Florida and has a current Florida Gifted Educational Plan (EP) or a current Florida Individual Education Plan (IEP) that includes Gifted Services.
- My child is currently in a private school, home schooled, or resides out of county and is classified as Gifted in Florida and has a current Florida Gifted Educational Plan (EP) or a current Florida Individual Education Plan (IEP) that includes Gifted Services.
- A copy of the EP must be submitted to complete this application.
- My child is in the process of a Gifted evaluation through HCPS. My child has been individually screened as potentially gifted and has been referred for a Gifted evaluation.
- A signed copy of Form SB34502 (Request for Multidisciplinary Team Gifted Evaluation/Informed Parent Consent for Initial Gifted Evaluation) must be submitted along with the application. Form SB34502 can be obtained from the student’s attendance area school.
- My child has a qualifying score on an individually administered standardized test of intelligence (IQ test).
- A copy of the formal evaluation report from the licensed psychologist must be submitted along with the application.
- My child is currently in Kindergarten and has begun the process of Gifted identification through HCPS. My child is awaiting individual screening as potentially gifted.
- A signed copy of Form SB34500 (Notice and Consent for Individual Screening) must be submitted along with the application. Form SB34500 can be obtained from the student’s assigned district school.
- My child is transferring from another state and is classified as Gifted in their home state AND has an Educational Plan (EP) / Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) Or Official Documents/Records that give evidence that student received Gifted services from the previous state/district. A copy of the Official Documents/Records must be submitted to complete the application.