Skip Navigation
Student Records

Student Records

How do I know what type records I need?

Transcripts vs. Diplomas
Although these terms are often used interchangeably, they are different.

Transcripts are official reports supplied by a school for an individual student. Transcripts are records of the subjects taken, grades received, grade point average, date of graduation, school(s) attended, date of birth, name, whether or not benchmarks have been met.

Diplomas are the documents that certify an individual has completed all requirements necessary to graduate from an educational institution. Diplomas include the student’s name, name of school, date of graduation, and a seal with official signatures. Diplomas earned by taking the GED test do not have GED on the diploma. They are “State of Florida High School Diplomas”.

Daytime High School Diploma
A high school diploma is awarded to a student who completes 12th grade and who has met all requirements at a regular daytime high school before the next school year begins. Students may go to an adult school for credit recovery during the school year and during the summer of their 12th grade year before the next school year begins and still receive a regular high school diploma. More Info >>

Daytime High School Certificate of Completion
Certificate of completion is awarded to students who have completed the minimum number of credits and all other requirements prescribed by the local school board, but failed to earn passing scores on the state approved graduation test or an alternate assessment to achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. More Info >>

Adult High School Diploma
An adult high school diploma is awarded to a student who completes all requirements at an adult high school. These are usually students who did not complete all required credits while in high school and later enrolled in an adult school or adult online program to complete the credits. More Info >>

GED Diploma
This is actually a State of Florida High School Diploma. This diploma is earned by taking and passing all sections of the GED test regardless of where a student attended classes. Students who attended a Career Center may have passed the GED test and completed all additional requirements to earn a standard diploma.

If you received a GED you will need to contact Click on the Get Transcript link.

This would include any student who withdrew from regular daytime school (kindergarten through 12th grade) to attend Adult Education and received a high school diploma or GED. To order a GED go to

Search for School
Find a School
School Locator

Locate your attendance area school

School Locator