Media Opportunity: Students Demonstrate why Hillsborough County Public Schools is a Top-Rated Large School District in America
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 10, 2018) – The media is invited to Middleton High School today, Tuesday, April 10 at 10:30 a.m. for a visual opportunity to see how our amazing students continue to outperform their peers across the country.
After this morning’s press release announcing the significant results from The Nation’s Report Card, students and teachers in a Robotics class at Middleton High School will demonstrate the skills they are learning that will enable them to go on to college and a career, including careers in the highly sought after STEM fields.
At Middleton, Superintendent Jeff Eakins and School Board members will be joined by Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Chair Steve Bernstein, who will explain the power of these results to attract high-paying jobs and fuel our area’s economic growth and development.
Students will demonstrate how they build their robots and then control the robots using computer coding and manual skills. Interviews will be available with the students, who can talk about their future plans, as well as the superintendent, School Board members, and Mr. Bernstein, who represents Tampa’s business community.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets