Merlin the therapy dog helps students at Oak Grove Elementary
Since introducing a therapy dog named Merlin to her class a few months ago, Oak Grove Elementary teacher Anna Gibbs has noticed her students are performing and behaving better.
"He really does help them with their academics," Gibbs said. "He provides social skills, teaches them about love and responsibility."
Students also have learned about body language, and the monthly visits from Merlin, have led to decreased anxiety and less aggressive behavior for the student.
"It has been really beneficial in my class," she said.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2