Hillsborough Schools closed through Monday, Sept. 11th as a Hurricane Watch is in effect for Tampa Bay
Updated: Friday, Sept. 8, 2017 -11:38 a.m.
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for Tampa Bay. Hurricane winds are possible within 48 hours. These winds can be extremely dangerous and life-threatening. We encourage all of our families and employees to take all necessary precautions and plan for Hurricane Irma. The county’s Emergency Operations Center is opening several shelters, including special needs and pet-friendly shelters. Visit the county’s website at hillsboroughcounty.org for more information.
Hillsborough Schools will be closed Friday and Monday. Governor Rick Scott has ordered all Florida Schools closed through Monday, September 11 as the state braces for Hurricane Irma. Read more
For the latest information regarding Hillsbourough Schools and Hurricane Irma, visit our Weather Information page and stay informed.
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break
- Board Members in the Community: March 21-22