4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Program winners announced
The 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Program finals took place on Wednesday, March 8. During the 2016-2017 school year, more than 13,000 fourth and fifth grade students in Hillsborough County were able to present speeches at the class, school, and area competition levels. The sixteen talented finalists from the area competitions competed on March 8 in front of proud families and a panel of VIP judges.
In partnership with 4-H, The University of South Florida, and Tropicana, the district participates in the annual 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Contest. Tropicana has sponsored the contest since 1969 in order to help more than 150,000 children across Florida counties experience the annual excitement and achievement felt through writing and delivering speeches on topics that matter to the speakers. Students learn valuable skills in learning to write for a variety of purposes and how to communicate ideas effectively.View Full Album
- Hillsborough Schools Plan Educational Opportunities and Safety Tips for Upcoming Solar Eclipse
- First Day of School Visits
- Hillsborough Schools students to get up-close with Buccaneers during taping of HBO’s Hard Knocks
- School’s Open – Drive Carefully! AAA donates yard signs and vehicle magnets to local law enforcement
- Forest Hills Elementary offers free back-to-school haircuts